Wednesday, March 23, 2011

just a quickish blog before off to bed with me... :-)

So today was my "official" first day at volunteering at Care Net of Puget Sound.
I am planning on serving there every tuesday from 9am to 1pm so if you happen to think of me then i would covet prayer for my time there.  Right now I will still have 7 more weeks of in clinic training before becoming an "official" volunteer there.

A couple of things I would love to have people praying for is that on Tuesdays planned parenthood has abortion day and the clinic i serve at is just two doors down from planned parenthood.
So prayer that the couples/women going there would come into Care Net instead...or would go through with those abortions.
Also that there would be more women coming into the clinic and finding Jesus!

Today was a blast from the past for me, I watched a DVD series called "sharing Jesus without fear" put on my Bill Fay. I heard him teach back in highschool at First B the church we were attending at the time. It is very good stuff, very simple and a great refresher for me. There have been things he taught that have stuck with me since i first heard them about sharing your faith and I am excited to grow in this area of my life...witnessing, sharing Jesus with people I meet...

We had some friends over for dinner tonight and it was great fun...(we had been trying to get together with them for the past two months so it was great to finally be able to make it work for both of us!)

 And tomorrow we are going to trek around town...let Josiah go biking, probably to up to Mountlake Terrace for church, enjoy Judah's day of spring break...his only one that we don't really have any obligations lined up for this week.

That's all for now :-)

1 comment:

  1. Sure I will pray for you. Set my calendar to prompt me. Its inspirational to see Christ moving in the world.
    Personally I have never witnessed outright for a very very very long time. People know I'm a Christian but I don't know somehow it never seems right to outright say Christs name. Maybe I ought to. I remember when I was first born again he was all I ever talked about, thought about and talked to.



    First and best love.

    ReplyDelete